Events and Venues
Sound Masking in Event Spaces and Venues
Venues and event facilities feature spaces with unique acoustic challenges to providing comfort, productivity, and speech privacy for guests and workers. Venues such as airport lounges require a specific level of peace and quiet for users, as well as speech privacy. Whereas venues such as houses of worship and religious facilities require acoustic principles that allow guests to hear speakers from across the room, while simultaneously requiring additional areas to be protected so that certain private matters can be discussed without others overhearing. QtPro sound masking in event spaces & venues improves the acoustic environment, helping guests feel more comfortable in the environment both as a privacy matter as well as a peacefulness matter.
QtPro Sound Masking in event spaces and venues accomplishes both privacy peacefulness by adding a low level unobtrusive background sound specifically engineered to protect confidentiality, reduce the intelligibility of speech and make environments more comfortable.
- Modern corporate offices use fewer sound absorbing materials (rugs, material partitions, etc.) in favor of reflective surfaces like metal, aluminum, glass and gypsum, contributing to unwanted noise reflections and buildup.
- Companies increasingly leverage new office and sales floor layouts to encourage information sharing and improve customer experience while neglecting the acoustic environment.
- Demountable walls and moveable walls needed for space flexibility are installed to the ceiling, not to the deck, decreasing acoustic effectiveness.
- Lack of acoustic blocking and absorption materials allows sound to travel freely.
Qt® sound masking systems
- Covers sound that “spills” between private offices through the plenum.
- Helps cover sounds from adjacent conference rooms and meeting spaces.
- Masks conversations in adjoining hallways from distracting conference room meetings.
- Lack of acoustic blocking and absorption materials inhibits parishioners from having confidential conversations with spiritual leaders.
Qt® sound masking systems
- Improves parishioner comfort by covering unwanted noise in treatment rooms.
- Increases parishioner privacy by reducing the intelligibility of speech in waiting rooms or lobbies.
- Helps parishioner feel relaxed, improving their experience.
The table below shows the effectiveness of common types of acoustical treatments. The office environment in this example features 8’ ceilings and 10’x10’ cubicles. After implementation, direct-field sound masking is the most effective and budget friendly solution for delivering increased privacy while reducing conversational distractions.