The Qt® 300 is ideal for medium multi-zone spaces of up to 36,000 square feet (3,345 m2). This system is capable of covering up to 3 diverse areas in buildings needing improved speech privacy.
This robust and feature-rich system is easy to control and maintain. Users can adjust system settings via the easy-interface front panel, and can also set up error reporting and establish time dependent masking levels via their PC, Mac or tablet device using the intuitive Qt® Monitoring and Control Software. Additionally, the Qt 300 is an integrated solution offering sound masking along with paging and music via the two auxiliary audio inputs.
Qt 300 uses sound masking, an alternative to white noise that is more acoustically comfortable than white noise or pink noise.
Qt 300 Product Overview Video
Qt System Layout and Design
Qt System Installation
Maximum Coverage Area:
The maximum limit of square footage (square meters) the system can cover based on standard installation.
- 36,000 ft2 / 3,345 m2
The maximum number of emitters system can power.
User defined areas requiring different volume settings.
11”x 3.5”x 3.8”
(27.94 cm x 8.9 cm x 9.7 cm)
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg)
The method of mounting the control module
- Wall or Equipment Rack
Software password to prevent unauthorized access – certain control modules only
- Yes – Two Levels
Physical switch on the module to prevent unauthorized modification
Clock built into a module that maintains the time of day
Ports to allow for connection to third party audio sources
- 2 (Fixed Terminal Block)
The method for modifying system settings
-Local Area Network
-Software (TCP/IP web browser-based)
The ability to adjust sound masking and audio input volume level
- By Zone and Audio Source
Ability to establish different volume levels for day and night operations
- Yes - By Zone
Ability to set the time interval for transitioning between day and night volume settings
- Yes - By Zone
Ability to check the status of the Qt system via software
- System Electronics
Email Error Notification:
Send an e-mail notification to the administrator if there is an error – certain control modules only.
Safety Alarm Integration:
The inclusion of a contact closure to disable masking and an auxiliary audio input in an emergency
- Qt Emitters™
- The backbone of the Qt® sound masking system. These emitters deliver 4 incoherent audio channels making the Qt system the best sound masking system on the market. The standard mounting is for acoustical tile ceilings.
- Universal Bracket
- This enclosure is used for mounting the Qt emitter to the wall or ceiling.
- Beam Bracket
- This enclosure is used for mounting the Qt emitter to exposed I-beams.
- Drywall Mount
- This enclosure is used for mounting the Qt emitter into drywall ceilings.
- Conduit Mount
- This enclosure is used for mounting the Qt emitter into ceilings in regions requiring conduit mounting.
- Ceiling Conduit Mount
- This enclosure is used for mounting the Qt emitter into acoustic ceiling tile or drywall in regions with special fire and/or conduit requirements.
- EQUIPMENT RACK MOUNT KIT
- The rack mount kit gives the ability to easily integrate into existing equipment racks.
- Qt ROOM CONTROL
- The Qt Room Control can be used to adjust the sound masking level with 6 discrete level selections (including off) for an individual room or space with 2-8 emitters
The Qt® 300 comes standard with a wall mount option. The wall mount gives users quick and easy access to the Qt 300’s connections and ports without having to remove the unit from the wall.
EQUIPMENT RACK MOUNT (OPTIONAL)
Users can choose to install the Qt 300 into an existing equipment rack
Qt EMITTER INSTALLATION
Qt emitters are installed along a simple grid pattern based on ceiling height. For a standard 9’ (2.75 m) ceiling, emitters are laid out on a 10’ x 10’ (3 m x 3m) grid. Emitters can be installed into standard ceiling tiles ranging from 0.5” to 1.5” (1.3 cm – 3.8 cm) thick. Emitters are plug-and-play, daisy-chained together with CAT-3, plenum-rated cables. We supply with every emitter, pre-terminated CAT3 cables with industry standard RJ-45 connectors.